- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16″ to 1/4″ (2 to 6 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately.
- Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth or Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with non-flammable cleaning fluid.