Solvent Based Developer
A bright white, non-aqueous developer, SKD-S2 creates an opaque white background for high-contrast penetrant testing and quickly draws penetrant out to create stronger, clearer indications for better inspection reliability and sensitivity.
Noted for its compatibility with special alloys, such as stainless steel, aluminum, magnesium and titanium, SKD-S2 is non-halogenated, can be used with Type 1 & Type 2 penetrants. This solvent-based developer meets aerospace and nuclear industry requirements, and complies with all major NDT specifications, including ISO 3452.
SKD-S2 helps speed up the inspection process by going on easily, drying quickly, promoting faster indication formation and minimizing post-inspection cleaning. It is ideal for machine shops, weld testing and field applications.
SKD-S2 is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved by numerous Aerospace Primes including, Boeing, GE and Honeywell.
Increases indication visibility
- Improves indication detection by creating an optimal surface for penetrant indication formation
- Bright white, opaque coverage blocks all underlying surface color and quickly draws penetrant to the surface for stronger, clearer indications
- Can be used with a variety of Type 2 and Type 1 penetrants in many different situations without measuring or diluting
- ISO 3452 conformance allows SKD-S2 to be used to inspect a wide range of parts
- Reduces inspection process time by minimizing post-inspection cleaning
- Easy-to-apply formula goes on cleanly, dries quickly and promotes faster indication formation to shave time off each step of the inspection process