Protective, urethane based varnish for electronic components.
Clear transparent or red colored one-component, urethane type coating. Urethane coating seals out water and moisture and acts as a barrier for contaminants. The coating dries fast and adheres well to most surfaces. After curing, the protective film has a high flexibility, is durable and resists abrasion and contamination.
• Available in clear or red formulations:
– Clear: contains U.V.- fluorescent dye for easier quality control
– Red: provides additional corrosion resistance
• Dries quickly to a durable, flexible and non- conductive film.
• Excellent electrical characteristics:
– High dielectric strength
– High surface and volume resistivity
• Effective temperature range of – 40°C to + 120°C.
• Abrasion-resistant insulator for electrical/electronic equipment and components.
• Specifications : * NSN 5970-01-017-5738.
Applications for CRC Urethane Isolation Clear:
Urethane Clear – protective coating for:
• Printed circuit boards
Urethane Red or Clear – coating for:
• Electric motor winding’s
• Armature coils
• Commutator ends
• Transformer connectors
• Bus bars
Directions for CRC Urethane Isolation Clear:
• Clean and de-grease surface thoroughly before application (use one of the CRC precision cleaners or Lectra Clean as appropriate).
• Shake aerosol can well; red formulation contains an agitator ball for pigment dispersion. Stir or mix bulk product to homogenize. Repeat while using. Petroleum solvents (white spirit) may be used to dilute the bulk product to the required viscosity and film thickness.
• Apply in light, even coats. Best results are obtained with 2 (or even more) lighter rather than 1 heavy coat. Additional coats can be applied when first coat is solvent dry (approx. 120 min). For maximum adhesion, 2nd coat must be applied within 48 hours.
• Due to slow cross linking reaction, room temperature curing can take several days. Accelerated curing can be accomplished by baking at 60°C during 24 hours. Under those conditions cure for handling is reached in 2 to 3 hours.
• For dipping applications it is advised to cover the bath when not in use and to prevent skin formation by keeping air ou